The high protein energy bar is a great source of energy before or after a strenuous workout. The bar is high in good fats and carbohydrates from the nuts, rice and cranberries/raisins/sultanas which are very energy dense foods . As mentioned in my HIIT vs Cardio post our body uses a combination of carbohydrates and fats as sources of energy when we workout. This bar is ideal before/during or after long duration exercise (1 hour+) or high performing athletic environments. Nuts which are high in protein can also aid with recovery and help boost energy levels after a workout.
Give it a try! It’s delicious, easy and quick to make.
Please Note: If you are trying to achieve a loss in body fat this should be consumed in moderation. It is ideal before or after strenuous exercise and as an occasional treat.
- half a cup of pumpkin seeds
- cup of cranberries, sultanas or raisins
- half a cup of almonds
- third of cup of chocolate chips (try using dark chocolate)
- cup of gluten free puffed rice (ordinary rice works too)
- 2 tablespoons of flax seeds
- half a cup of cashews
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or almond nut butter
- quarter of cup of rice syrup (can use maple syrup)